Do you want to have more awareness online without owning a website?
Owning a website is very crucial, although some SMEs might not be able to afford it. I understand where you are and that’s why I crafted this piece for you to gain free awareness from the web without actually owning a website. Here’s how:
1. Set up a Google Business Account: Set up Google my business account by clicking here. It is free and enables you to appear on a local search.
2. Keyword Research: Conduct keyword research related to your business to make you rank better when an individual search for your business. You can also try leveraging on your competitors’ keyword to have a share of their audience (This won’t give you the large share but a small proportion will do). Using a free keyword research tool like Google Planner will help you spot these gaps.
3. Optimize your Social Media Business Account: Make sure your bio’s are uniform (i.e The message written on all social media platforms are the same for your bio’s). Also, put a call to action on your bio for your customers to reach you. Keep tabs with your Analytics to see how your contents are performing and the types of audiences you have on each platform. If this is done regularly you can create contents that will resonate with your audience on different platforms and still keep a unique brand tone.
4. Claim your physical address on Google Maps: If you have a physical store, make sure to claim your physical address on Google Map. Make sure to optimize it and always give it regular updates.
5. Encourage Reviews: Encourage reviews by posting a link of your google my business (google map) on your social platform stories in other to help you drive visibility for your listing which will, in turn, drive in conversion in the long run
These local SEO tips play a critical role in the success of any small business. The strategies that you choose depend on the nature of your business. Once you start implementing these tips, you will be able to elevate your brand to the next level.
Have Questions? Ask!
Samuel Solaja | Social Media Content Creator and Manager